Aug 15, 2023
Please keep it to 1 thread.
What motherboard would you choose to build:

1. Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi or,
2. Gigabyte Aorus B650 Pro AX

Both will come with AMD AMD RYZEN 9 7900X processor

1. Asus will have 64 GB DDR5 memory for $550 or
2. Gigabyte will have 32 GB DDR5 memory for $604

I already bought the Gigabyte, but Im really on the fence if I should go with Asus thats cheaper and more ram.
Thank you for your thoughts. All opinions greatly appreciated...

Aug 15, 2023
What motherboard would you choose to build:

1. Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi or,
2. Gigabyte Aorus B650 Pro AX

Thanks for your help. (please tell me why you chose your answer)

Aug 3, 2023
very helpful when comparing.

Both are very similar.
The main differences I see are:
- The Asus one has 2 PCI-E x1 slots, which could be used for sound cards, expansion cards for SATA or USB devices, video capture cards and what not, while the Gigabyte one has only 1. But it doesn't matter unless you really need two PCI-E x1 slots for such needs.
- The Gigabyte one offers AMD CrossFire support, which is basically having two AMD GPU's in your system, but CrossFire has been pretty much 'dead' since 2017, as some single slot GPU's started outperforming two GPU's. But if you still want to have 2 AMD GPU's in your system, there you go.
- The Gigabyte one offers higher RAM overclocking speeds, up to 6600MHz, but I don't know if you are into that.
So yeah both motherboards are very similar in terms of design, both have some ARGB lights on them, which fun to play with.
I see no problem in keeping the Gigabyte one, as you have already bought it, also 32GB's is more than enough if your main task is gaming, and I don't see that changing soon. If you need 64gb of ram then go for the Asus one.

Aug 15, 2023
very helpful when comparing.

Thanks. But do you have the ones for B650?