Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3.1
Intel i5 2500k cpu
EVGA 560ti video card
corsair GS600 psu
crucial M4 ssd (boot drive)
8G (4x2) crucial ballistix tracer ram
antec 1200 case

Here is what I did from start to finish:
unplugged everything from computer, moved it into a different room, removed side panels and fan filters, vacuumed filters and dusty areas in the computer. Put computer back together, now when I try to boot I get no post beep and the 3 leds for VGA, CPU and RAM all are red. specifically, the RAM light starts out red, then turns off, then the VGA turns red and turns off, then CPU, then repeat. No power to keyboard or mouse and no signal to monitor. plz halp!

Solution
reseat everything back starting with the vga card check if power cord is plug on it do the same for cpu and it's fan then reseat ram in there slot

roseey

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello, did you download Windows or had Windows update your softwares & hardwares? If your answer is yes, well Windows 8 is not compatible to the Atheros Bluetooth device that are in some items; like our motherboards (I have Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3). I install my MB last night and it was fine until I downloaded the drivers; I thought I did something wrong when my Boot light kept on coming on and my monitor wouldn't display anything.

What I did was I kept on hitting "Delete" so that the BIOS would come on and I'll have the WIN7 disk in the Optical Drive, I realized that the monitor would come on then. I contiuued this until both my monitor and PC were working. Then used the ASUS disk and re-installed everything, one at a time.

Hope this helps, and if not, hope that someone with more experience will "step forward" and assist.

execut1ve

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks scout, that took care of it... removed everything from the mb but the cpu and powered on, powered off, added a component, till it was all back together... oddest thing, any idea what the cause was?

Status
Not open for further replies.