Asus P8Z68-v pro vs Asrock extreme 3 gen 3

Solution

It's difficult to say what the best board is.
Performance wise, there shouldn't be much.
AsRock use to be a smaller division of ASUS, but they are independent now.
With everything else countered in (overall reliability, support, warranty, and popularity/reputation), I'd give my vote to the ASUS board.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
This should fit in your budget, based on your choices:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131792

The ASUS board has a longer warranty and is probably a much more solid board that the AsRock.
The Asrock has a 12 power phase design, while the ASUS I believe has a 16 power phase design.
Power phase-correct me if I am wrong- can influence how high and stable you can overclock.
Really, anything about 8 shouldn't make a difference.
The AsRock seems to be the best bang for your buck though.
You can't go wrong with either one, but if you just want to save some extra cash, the AsRock should meet your needs.

mrhercules

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

i want the best board, saving is not my concern at the moment :) , so what do you say?

AbdullahG

Distinguished

It's difficult to say what the best board is.
Performance wise, there shouldn't be much.
AsRock use to be a smaller division of ASUS, but they are independent now.
With everything else countered in (overall reliability, support, warranty, and popularity/reputation), I'd give my vote to the ASUS board.

Solution

mrhercules

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

a thing came to my mind which a saw yesterday on some thread about voltage regulators, the guy said asus has more while Asrock has less, do you think that this is such a big deal in deciding?

AbdullahG

Distinguished

It should be.
They tend to be important for stabilizing/keeping a constant level for voltages, I believe.
It'll probably help in overclocking.
If that is true, the ASUS (the only I posted a link to) is a great option.

mrhercules

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

thanks alot for your help