[SOLVED] ASUS Prime B450M stuck at 2133MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoondockSaint080

Honorable
Jul 8, 2016
I just built a pc. Some used and some new parts (i'll specify)
ASUS PRIME B450M micro atx mobo (new)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3600(new)
Ryzen 3600(new)
GTX 1060 6gb gigabyte windforce(old)
evga 650W GQ gold psu(old)
samsung 960 evo (old)
I've tried enabling DOCP and it hasn't worked. i've tried one stick at a time and neither will overclock. i'm so confused as i've never had this much of a headache with ram speed. had to reset the cmos at one point and am very irritated at the level of effort this is requiring. please if you have any advice or knowledge, tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Solution
In what slots are you putting the two sticks?
hello I tried multiple slots and the two that it has started working on is 2 and 4, but I don't believe that has anything to do with my specific issue. I saw that the DOCP was overclocking the cpu as well, so I turned on oc tuner and cranked the cpu to stock speeds, and it booted and runs fine at 3600mhz. I appreciate your time though.

Edit: as much as i want to give you best answer I feel obligated to highlight my own so other people with this issue can see the solution. again, thank you

BoondockSaint080

Honorable
Jul 8, 2016
In what slots are you putting the two sticks?
hello I tried multiple slots and the two that it has started working on is 2 and 4, but I don't believe that has anything to do with my specific issue. I saw that the DOCP was overclocking the cpu as well, so I turned on oc tuner and cranked the cpu to stock speeds, and it booted and runs fine at 3600mhz. I appreciate your time though.

Edit: as much as i want to give you best answer I feel obligated to highlight my own so other people with this issue can see the solution. again, thank you

Solution

That's fine. You fixed your own issue and good job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS