[SOLVED] Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4 trouble booting with OLOy Memory

shadownesia

Reputable
Jan 5, 2019
I recently bought an "Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4 Motherboard" along with a 32GB(2X16) kit of "OLOy WARHAWK DDR4-3200 Memory" for my new PC build. At first, my computer wouldn’t display a signal when I tried booting in dual-channel mode, after a couple more tries I got it to boot with only one stick in the 2nd slot and that was stable during the hour that I was using it. I tried different configurations and eventually I got it to work in dual-channel for about 15 minutes until Windows crashed, I also got it to run with two sticks in the 2nd/3rd slot at 2133mhz for a couple of hours(I was able to run Games and other Programs like Filmora) until I shut it off, disconnected and reconnected my Storage Devices to fix some cables and then it wouldn't boot again.
Now it won’t boot even when I try using a single ram stick(I tried in every slot except the 1st because of Cooler size). I updated my Motherboard bios to the latest version and I tried removing the CMOS battery but I’m still getting no signal. However when I use my “Patriot Viper 8GB(2x4) DDR4-3000 Memory” kit from my old build, my new PC boots with no problems.

I just really want to know if this memory is completely incompatible with my motherboard or is there a way to make both sticks work without issue?

I also wanted to note that my Motherboard supports a feature that blinks an LED Light of my Case in a certain pattern depending on the issue. The blinking that I'm getting when trying to boot with the OLOy RAM is the fast blinking which is supposed to be for a memory-related issue.

My Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shadownesia/saved/Qf6n6h

Solution
Sounds like you just got a bad stick(s), try to get it to boot with a single stick, if it doesn't work, try the other stick, if one works and the other will not you know you have one bad stick.