Question Asus Rog Strix g15 - G513RM-HQ064W: can i install win10?

Dreamers2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2022
I'm in the market for a new laptop
my use cases will be heavy video editing and university
this rog strix g15 looks good to me the only issue is win11 which i really don't want
so I've planned to install win10 onto it although I've seen a lot of controversial answers on whather is possible or not
Some people complain that you can't disable secure boot or TPM and therefore they are unable to boot from usb while some other can't even see the usb in the first place

i've installed Win10 on many pcs in the past and never had those issues but i'm starting to wonder if the TPM that win11 requires is starting to cause a lot of issues for win10 users

So my question is: is it really possible? anyone did that on the Strix g15?
thanks and sorry again

Dreamers2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

win11 which i really don't want
You might want to stick to Windows 11, since that's the way forward.
thanks
that a valid point ngl but i prefer win10 so i'm wondering if it's safe to install.
also how can i make a full laptop backup?

Dreamers2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2022
You can clone the drive in question or manually choose what you want copied over to a removable storage media(thumb drive or portable SSD/HDD).
ok thanks
so what about the win10 install?
as far as i know windows updates should be pretty cleaver in detecting what drivers it needs

Lutfij

Titan
windows updates should be pretty cleaver in detecting what drivers it needs
It's what's been causing people to rip their hairs off their scalp for as long as it's been in existence(on Windows 10 and above...some instances of older OSes as well by Microsoft). The OS thinks "these" are the right drivers for your platform...in reality they're not. you're advised on manually installing all relevant drivers for your platform, after sourcing relevant drivers from motherboard/laptop maker's support site.

Dreamers2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2022
windows updates should be pretty cleaver in detecting what drivers it needs
It's what's been causing people to rip their hairs off their scalp for as long as it's been in existence(on Windows 10 and above...some instances of older OSes as well by Microsoft). The OS thinks "these" are the right drivers for your platform...in reality they're not. you're advised on manually installing all relevant drivers for your platform, after sourcing relevant drivers from motherboard/laptop maker's support site.
that was really good advice
i've already founded all drivers

Lutfij

Titan
FYI, support page for your laptop doesn't have Windows 10 in the drop down menu;
You're working against the tide on this one.

Dreamers2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2022
FYI, support page for your laptop doesn't have Windows 10 in the drop down menu;
You're working against the tide on this one.
yep i've seen that they have "other" i'm assuming is win10

TRENDING THREADS