Question Asus ROG Strix Z390-F gaming DRAM Led and no post

veetitoiviainen

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018
I have had this motherboard with an i5 9600k and the first problems started when the VGA light turned on and because of that the computer wouldn’t let me in to bios, there is no bios screen and can’t get from windows. Well then I decided to clear the CMOS, after that the DRAM Light and the VGA light stayed on and the computer wouldn’t post, I tried to change the ram slots, and the ram had been working perfectly and was about 1 month old.
I asked the company if I could RMA the Mobo
Do you have any advice on what to do?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full system specs.

With the VGA light, remove the GPU and run with the iGP of the 9600K - do you successfully post at that point?

As for the DRAM, have you reseated the RAM? Tried each module individually, in different slots? Potentially bent CPU socket pins would cause this issue, so reseating the CPU (and ensuring no bent pins) would be a good place to look if reseating the RAM doesn't work.

veetitoiviainen

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018
Please post your full system specs.

With the VGA light, remove the GPU and run with the iGP of the 9600K - do you successfully post at that point?

As for the DRAM, have you reseated the RAM? Tried each module individually, in different slots? Potentially bent CPU socket pins would cause this issue, so reseating the CPU (and ensuring no bent pins) would be a good place to look if reseating the RAM doesn't work.
Specs:
Motherboard strix Z390-F
Intel i5 9600k
Corsair vengence LPX DDR4 2x8gb 2400mhz
Corsair vs650 psu
Gigabyte 1070 windforce oc
Fractal desing define r5
Corsair h110gt AIO liquidcooler

I tried with and without the igpu and I tried all the ram slots no post.The cpu was pre-installed by the shop that I bought it from and tested there. I emailed them today and asked if it would be best RMA it.
I bought it last December.