[SOLVED] Asus RT-AC86U can't see or ping device on network, please help!

pilotg2

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
Hello all,

I've turned my ISP router into Modem mode and connected up the Asus router for better WiFi, etc. I have CCTV and an Alarm device which were working fine on the ISP's router. Now i've plugged them into the Asus router I can ping the CCTV and get a usual reply and it works fine. But the alarm is not working.

On the Virgin router I believe the Alarm has a static IP address of 192.168.0.26 I'm not certain the address is static.
When i ping 192.168.0.24 I get a reply of 192.168.0.207: Destination host unreachable

The alarm device is connected to the Asus router via Powerline adapters. When I unplugged the Powerline adapters and plugged them back in - very briefly the Alarm device appeared in the router list with IP address 192.168.0.178 and then disappeared in a minute.

I also have the mac address of the Alarm device.

Any idea what may be going on or how I can investigate? Unfortunately I can't access the Alarm device but have remote access to the Asus router.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello all,

I've turned my ISP router into Modem mode and connected up the Asus router for better WiFi, etc. I have CCTV and an Alarm device which were working fine on the ISP's router. Now i've plugged them into the Asus router I can ping the CCTV and get a usual reply and it works fine. But the alarm is not working.

On the Virgin router I believe the Alarm has a static IP address of 192.168.0.26 I'm not certain the address is static.
When i ping 192.168.0.24 I get a reply of 192.168.0.207: Destination host unreachable

The alarm device is connected to the Asus router via Powerline adapters. When I unplugged the Powerline adapters and plugged them back in - very briefly the Alarm device appeared in the router list with IP...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello all,

The alarm device is connected to the Asus router via Powerline adapters. When I unplugged the Powerline adapters and plugged them back in - very briefly the Alarm device appeared in the router list with IP address 192.168.0.178 and then disappeared in a minute.

I also have the mac address of the Alarm device.

Any idea what may be going on or how I can investigate? Unfortunately I can't access the Alarm device but have remote access to the Asus router.
Get a long ethernet cable and temporarily bypass the powerline.

Solution