[SOLVED] ASUS RTX 3070 dual OC, not working need help

Dec 10, 2020
Hi, so my rtx 3070 ASUS DUAL OC arrived today, i took out my old card (gtx960 2gb) and installed the new one in, I tried playing valhalla and I noticed some stutering like the frame would drop for a second the go back to normal then the computer just randomly restarted mid game, I looked it up and it said updating my windows might fix but it only stopped the stuttering my computer keeps restarting itself when I play, the same applied to rainbow six and shadow of mordor which I can bear;y get into the menu of, I unistalled my old nividia drivers off my computer and reinstalled them with the latest for the 3070 but this did not solve the problem, for the time being I am back on the 960 which is running as good as it should playing Valhalla without suddenly restarting my computer but need help trying to fix this!!!!!! I figure either the card is broken in some way, I only saw the fans moving once though I've temped glass and but can seemingly hear them spining while gaming, 'm sure they are working fine (just figured i'd mention). I really am not sure simply sending the card back will do any good as if it is a compatibility problem or something along those lines then it would just be a waste of time, any advice would be greatly appreciated and maybe other people with the same card can tell me if they have ecperienced any of these problems.

I feel it is also worth mentioning though I don't believe this is the case, when putting the card in I felt like it wasn't entirely in, like the left hand side might have been a little more out than the right though if this was the case it would only be by a little bit! I did manage to play valhalla for a solid few minutes without interuption before moving on to try another game (which restarted as soon as I got into the menu), figure I wouldn't be able to do anytrhing with the card if it wasn't in properly but maybe you will disagree

my specs are
i7 7700k
mother board TUF Z270 Mark 1
Ram is corsair vengence 2x8 3600mhz (too fast making it incompatible?)
powersupply 750wtt corsiar CX750M (nearly 5 years old, but still?)
2 ssd's 255gb and 1TB
I have a wattercooling for cpu and a bunch of loud fans which I am sure are doing atleast a decent job of keeping evberything cool (figured I'd save some time and give all specs to answer some questions you may have about compatibility)

Solution
Good luck, hopefully the PSU is faulty, yeah you can play cyberpunk at ultra depending on which monitor you have, with my 1440x900 old monitor even a 3060 can play it at ultra :D And yeah i cannot change the core voltage as well, i just change It's power limit for example if i set it to %50 obviously it will consume half the power and i suggested that if the psu were not feeding the GPU enough and causes problems, but either way, a new PSU is always healthy, i wish you best of luck

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
If you can try the 3070 at someone's house and it works, It looks like your PSU is getting old and cant manage to feed the 3070

But you can try one more thing to see if It's the PSU causing restart!
Open afterburner app, under the core voltage there is a power limit %, try aaaall the way to %46 the lowest, and make sure It's on priority mode, then try to play again! I hope all goes well for you.

Dec 10, 2020
If you can try the 3070 at someone's house and it works, It looks like your PSU is getting old and cant manage to feed the 3070

But you can try one more thing to see if It's the PSU causing restart!
Open afterburner app, under the core voltage there is a power limit %, try aaaall the way to %46 the lowest, and make sure It's on priority mode, then try to play again! I hope all goes well for you.
Hi Adam, I downloaded msi afterburner but the 'core voltage (mv)' doesnt't give me the option to move it up or down unlike power limit, temp limit, etc. Honestly kinda scared of blowing up the grapgics card by messing with any of these settings haha, do you know what may be causing this?

Dec 10, 2020
Don't vorry, when you adjust power limit the card wont reach above %47(if you adjust it) i personally use it sometimes to prevent loud fans
thanks Adam, but as I mentioned I am unable to change the core voltage, it's worth mentioning that I tried using two seperate pcsi3 or whatever they are called cables to power the GPU, I was optimistic at first that this may solve my problem but nope, I've ordered a new psu the
NZXT C650 - NP-C650M-UK - 650 Watt PSU - 80+ Gold Certified - Hybrid Silent Fan Control - Fluid Dynamic Bearings - Modular Design - Sleeved Cables - ATX Gaming Power Supply

Im hopeful that this will solve my problems on the 21st of this Month when it arrives, Il come back and give an update, thanks all for your help, maybe there is still hope for me playing Cyberpunk on ultra........ or at least a man can dream haha

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Good luck, hopefully the PSU is faulty, yeah you can play cyberpunk at ultra depending on which monitor you have, with my 1440x900 old monitor even a 3060 can play it at ultra :D And yeah i cannot change the core voltage as well, i just change It's power limit for example if i set it to %50 obviously it will consume half the power and i suggested that if the psu were not feeding the GPU enough and causes problems, but either way, a new PSU is always healthy, i wish you best of luck

Solution

RistiK

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
I have the Corsair cx650m bronze, I was looking to buy this graphics card, does this mean that it won’t work or was his psu deffective?