ASUS Sabertooth P67 & 2X4GB G.Skill RAM issues

vsniper90

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Hi everyone, I had just got my newly RMA'd ASUS Sabertooth P67 back from newegg for a previous problem, but my new problem is that I cannot seem to install more than one stick of RAM into the board. When I install my second stick of G.Skill, it will not post, and proceed to give me a DRAMLED. I press MEMOK & still nothing, it tries to boot up at least 3 times and still black screen and will not keep running. It runs perfectly fine with a stick of ram in A2 and ive loaded windows 7with that stick. I have tried other slots but still nothing. :cry:

If anyone has any input that would just be great, I have not updated BIOS and have not reset CMOS because its under the thermal armor which is a total to take off.

System -

Case - HAF 932
MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth P67
CPU - Intel i5 2500K
GPU - EVGA GTX 560
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
PSU - 850 Watt ANTEC
HDD - Seagate 500gb
OS - Windows 7 PRO

Thanks everyone!!!

beenthere

Distinguished
I'd try manually setting the RAM settings in the BIOS. Also check to see what BIOS version you have and what the latest BIOS version is. You may need to update for the mobo to work with the specific RAM you have. It would also be worth e-mailing Asus and G.Skill to confirm that the specific RAM that you have will work with your mobo. Did you buy the two DIMMs as a Matched Set or as individual DIMMs? Some times individual DIMMs will not work and a Matched Set is required.

vsniper90

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I bought them as a matched set, and I will update BIOS once off work, how do I go about manually setting RAM if I cannot include the second stick? Do the settings apply to all slots?

Thanks a ton for the reply!