[SOLVED] Asus strix B360-g "the system cannot find any bootable devices"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2018
Hi guys,

So, I upgraded my old unit (ASUS H110M-D motherboard, LG 1511 to ASUS Strix B360-g lg 1511 8th gen Intel).

My problem is when I'm booting up my system, it directly goes to the BIOS and won't see my old HDD as a bootable device in boot option. Also, it can't detect my CD-ROM and external CD-ROM. So, I can't reformat my HDD and can't boot to Windows :(

Please help, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Is Fast Boot disabled? Have you tried changing the settings of CSM (Compatibility Support Module)?

* CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
This item allows you to configure the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) items to fully support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices for better compatibility.

* Launch CSM
[Auto] The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the add-on devices.

[Enabled] For better compatibility, enable the CSM to...
Jun 20, 2018
@rocktalksrock
Yes as i explore the settings in bios
AiTweek or whatsoever is dat i did enter the hdd/ssd menu and saw my hdd listed, but wont see my cd-rom. Also my cd-rom start spinning faster when i start up my pc. The problem is. I can't find them at the booting properties.

Is Fast Boot disabled? Have you tried changing the settings of CSM (Compatibility Support Module)?

This item allows you to configure the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) items to fully support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices for better compatibility.

* Launch CSM
[Auto] The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the add-on devices.

[Enabled] For better compatibility, enable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows UEFI mode.

[Disabled] Disable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows UEFI mode.

The following items appear only when you set the Launch CSM to [Enabled]:

* Boot Devices Control
This item allows you to select the type of devices that you want to boot.

Configuration options: [UEFI and Legacy OPROM] [Legacy OPROM only] [UEFI only]

* Boot from Network Devices
This item allows you to select the type of network devices that you want to launch.

Configuration options: [Ignore] [Legacy only] [UEFI driver first]

* Boot from Storage Devices
This item allows you to select the type of storage devices that you want to launch.

* Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices
This item allows you to select the type of PCI-E/PCI expansion devices that you want to launch.

Configuration options: [Legacy only] [UEFI driver first]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Feb 23, 2019

This item allows you to configure the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) items to fully
support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices for better compatibility.

* Launch CSM
[Enabled] For better compatibility, enable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows UEFI mode.
[Disabled] Disable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows UEFI mode.

The following items appear only when you set the Launch CSM to [Enabled]

* Boot Devices Control
This item allows you to select the type of devices that you want to boot.
Configuration options: [UEFI and Legacy OPROM] [Legacy OPROM only] [UEFI only]

* Boot from Network Devices
This item allows you to select the type of network devices that you want to launch.

* Boot from Storage Devices
This item allows you to select the type of storage devices that you want to launch.

* Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices
This item allows you to select the type of PCI-E/PCI expansion devices that you want to launch.
Configuration options: [Legacy only] [UEFI driver first]

Thanks. It works perfectly and now it can detects my hard drives/USB.
As @rocktalkrock said: just enable CMS

Ijustneedsomhelp

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
i cant believe it, changing the CMS to enabled worked!! I recently bought new motherboard, cpu, and 16gb ram and nothing showed up on screen, then i came into bios and fount out and there we go thx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.