Question Asus UEFI Bios problem ..with date and time setting

Jul 1, 2024
I am a linux user so i have disabled Secure Boot and bios set to other OS..but i am having dificulty setting my date and time are these related?or am i barking up the wrong tree.is there a specific way to set the date and time.there appears to be nothing in the set up manual of the Asus AM1M-A Motherboard? any help appreciated Michael

Just a couple of trivia items on the topic (I agree with @rgd1101, more info is needed on what actually happens).

1. If the CMOS battery is old, then when power is off the system can lose time.
2. If you have NTP set to update each boot, then it should update each boot even if the time had been wrong.
3. NTP can have the wrong idea about time zone, and so it might be setting a "correct" time for some time zone you don't expect.
4. Network issue defeat NTP and boot falls back to whatever the CMOS has saved. If the battery is bad, then the CMOS saves garbage.

You need to describe the actual failure in more detail, and perhaps also say how old the motherboard is (my assumption is that it has a CMOS battery which was on the board even before purchase).