Question Asus X302LJ-R4114T laptop, flickering screen

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
Hello
My son has just joined us during the COVID19 lock-down. Good time to look at the gear.
His ASUS laptop(~3yrs old) has flickering when on battery and when it is below 70%. It has been like that for a long time, min a couple of years. He gets by as he can plugin at the UNI and at his flat.
A year ago I did on OS reinstall with the ASUS drivers downloads and installs and did not improve/stop the flickering.
Has anyone of you come across such problem? Would be nice to hear how you solved it?

Thanks

Guest610077

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
This maybe because one of the cells has a problem. I don't know the first thing about laptop batteries so i recommend you reinstall the greaphics drivers. If that doesn't fix it then i think its time for a new battery

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
This maybe because one of the cells has a problem. I don't know the first thing about laptop batteries so i recommend you reinstall the greaphics drivers. If that doesn't fix it then i think its time for a new battery
Thanks.
Just in case the drivers are ok,or do not help the cause, would you know a good online place to buy ASUS batteries?

Guest610077

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
Welp, first I recommend of eBay but they MUST be new as people sell heavily used ones for a cheaper price. But don't be fooled by that. Also if you give me full specs then I can give you your drivers.

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
Thanks!
I have updated the drivers though suspect the battery as it drains quite quickly down to 60-70%. Soon after I updated, which I left power connected, it dropped steadily.
As I'm downunder it won't be easy through EBAY, unfortunately. AliExpress is an unknown quantity/ quality. It'll interesting.....