Asus z97 Delux or Asrock z97 Extreme 6

chris mallia

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hi guys I need a little opinion from you so here goes. I am going to build a system using i7 4790k kingston hyperx fury 16gb ram samsung evo ssd corser case and psu now the only thing I am really puzzled is for the motherboard should I get Asus or asrock it seams like many shops I buy parts from are only selling asrock boards. I am going to overclock a little as this is my first time in overclocking and Asus seams to have a nice helpfull way to overclock and also as I read there software can also adjust the case fans speed, So what you guys think is Asus really worthit or is the Asrock as good??

Solution
I had an Asus Z87 Hero VI that was excellent. For a second PC, I went with an Asus Z97 Pro, also an excellent board that I'm still using. I've read many favorable reviews and user comments about the ASRock Extreme 6. Were I to build another DC rig, I think I'd go with the Extreme 6. The Asus Deluxe was, I felt, just too much money for features I had no need of. Having said that, I did buy the X99 Deluxe when I bought a 5960X.

rpjkw11

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
I had an Asus Z87 Hero VI that was excellent. For a second PC, I went with an Asus Z97 Pro, also an excellent board that I'm still using. I've read many favorable reviews and user comments about the ASRock Extreme 6. Were I to build another DC rig, I think I'd go with the Extreme 6. The Asus Deluxe was, I felt, just too much money for features I had no need of. Having said that, I did buy the X99 Deluxe when I bought a 5960X.

Solution