Question Asus Zenbook 14 OLED versus HP Spectre x360 14 in 2024 ?

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Hello, trying to decide between these two models. Buying for a light user who mainly browses the web and watches videos. Unfortunately, reviews are all over the place in terms of battery life for these two. Specifically, some claim the HP beats the Asus, while others state the opposite. The HP's 2-in-1 form factor isn't much of an advantage (person who will be using it doesn't need it), and they would rarely be using the higher resolution webcam. The Asus is lighter, which is a definite bonus, so I was leaning towards it if battery life is better. However, I can't seem to find how to configure the zenbook on the Asus website, be it the color (need silver) or the processor. I'd rather get the ultra 5 125h to extend battery life, and 16gb ram with a 2.8k touchscreen.

Question 1: can anyone weigh in/point me to an accurate review of battery life for these two models? Hopefully with a 125H, although I imagine the 155H variants of both models will follow the same trend.

Question 2: I feel silly for not being able to find it, but does anyone know where I can configure the Asus with a 125H processor (found one at best buy, but only with a lower resolution screen/8gb ram)?
Many thanks!

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
The Oled model would get my vote.
They're both OLED, the Asus just has it in the name.

That aside, I'm heavily leaning towards getting a Ryzen variant now. More battery, possibly better performance, and cheaper. Only the zenbook currently has that option: with a lower res screen, but that adds battery life. Maybe will wait until Zen 5 later this year, in case they manage a massive improvement.