Question ASUS Zephyrus G14 - GPU Problems After Getting Repasted and Fans Cleaned

Jul 4, 2024
Hi,

I bought my Asus Zephyrus G14 with the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS and Nvidea RTX 2060 max-q a few years ago. I recently went to get its fans cleaned and repasted but I've been having problems ever since. I took logs before getting the laptop repasted and the recent logs are available as well and I'll summarize those below and also attach them for reference.

3D MARK BENCHMARK BEFORE
  • Score: 1090
  • CPU CLK: 2600-3800MHz
  • GPU Mem CLK: 1405MHz
  • GPU CLK Freq: 1000-1400MHz

3D MARK BENCHMARK NOW
  • Score: 190
  • CPU CLK: 4000MHz
  • GPU Mem CLK: 1405MHz
  • GPU CLK Freq: 300MHz

I have tried clean reinstalling drivers after using DDU but that has made no difference in performance. Another thing to note is that the GPU is always showing 100% load while in game / benchmark despite being at 300MHz. While idling the GPU Clocks are back to 975MHz Clk Freq and 1405MHz Mem clock.

I also have more detailed logs of before and after using HWInfo while playing Elden Ring and one thing I noted in that was that the GPU was not drawing as much power as it did before. I have attached the logs below as well for reference. I would appreciate if anyone could take a look at them and maybe figure out what might be going wrong.

Link to the 3D Mark Images and HWInfo Log Files.
Images and Log Files

Regards

Jul 4, 2024
repaste again and check if the all fans are still running
That was what I initially did but it made no difference. The fans are working and the GPU temps are maxing out at 82-83 degrees so they arent really reaching the limit. I noticed another thing just now . As soon as the 3D Mark Benchmark starts the GPU is at 70% utilization and the clock speeds are what theyre supposed to be (1405MHz Mem CLK and around 1000MHz Freq Clk) but just in a second the utilization spikes to 100% and the GPU Clk drops down to 300MHz

Screenshot of the Benchmark Result: 3D Mark Screeshot

TRENDING THREADS