AsusGPUFanService using 25-30% CPU @ Idle?

thepanavisionary

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,

I run 2 STRIX 970s in SLI and I use the Asus GPU tweak II for OC and my fan profiles. In task manager it says the I am using up to 30% CPU (FX-8350 OC'd to 4.4ghz). Can this be right? In my opinion that is way too much CPU usage for a fan monitor. Am I missing something here?

w2O5Ts3

Solution

Also, you could try using MSI Afterburner instead. I find it more stable but for me, it seem to be causing AMD driver to crash, but on other people it seem to be working fine and you're on NVidia so it's worth a try if GPU tweak...

thepanavisionary

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Thanks Tamaskan,

I've reinstalled the program several times just to get it to work in the first place. However I did create a new OC profile and now it doesn't show up as using any CPU at all. I've noticed that using keyboard commands related to shadowplay can move items in the GPUtweak menu. (I have crtl bound to mic and + bound to video record) will make GPU freak out. I reset the OC profile and as of now, at idle the fancontrol is @ 0%. I'll post more as I learn. Thanks for your consideration.

Tamaskan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Also, you could try using MSI Afterburner instead. I find it more stable but for me, it seem to be causing AMD driver to crash, but on other people it seem to be working fine and you're on NVidia so it's worth a try if GPU tweak keeps messing up.

Solution