Athlon X4 950 or Ryzen 3 2200g?

Mar 6, 2018
Athlon X4 950 paired with used HD 7000series (or used gtx 750ti ) or Ryzen 3 2200g. Now, I know Athlon is kinda suck, but I'm planning for an upgrade in the future, and I really want to know whether it is going to worth it with Ryzen 3 2200g standalone then go for discrete gpu later or to just get Athlon and gpu right now instead.

Also, I bought two of my ram separately, but both are identical, same bus and everything, will it work in dual channel?

English is not my first language, so, please bear with me.

Solution
What ram did you get?
Athlon works with ddr3, ryzen with ddr4...
Athlon platform is dead and even the best upgrade won't be considered good today.
Ryzen is ok and with a pretty good upgrade path if you are capable of setting everything up and dealing with all the possible problems.
The 2200g will basically be a weak coffelake i3 even in the bestest of cases.
What ram did you get?
Athlon works with ddr3, ryzen with ddr4...
Athlon platform is dead and even the best upgrade won't be considered good today.
Ryzen is ok and with a pretty good upgrade path if you are capable of setting everything up and dealing with all the possible problems.
The 2200g will basically be a weak coffelake i3 even in the bestest of cases.

Solution
Mar 6, 2018
I got two Crucial 4gb DDR4 2400 MHz UDIMM

I thought the 7th gen Athlon support DDR4 though, it is an AM4 socket after all, or did I get the wrong info?

Anyway, I think I will go with the Ryzen. Think I might get a 1050 for an upgrade later. Thank your for your answer :)