ATI Radeon X1300 graphics card not detected

ThePhenom389X

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I just recently purchased an ATI Radeon X1300 DMS-59 graphics card on ebay. I plugged it in and the fan on the card was running so im assuming the card is working fine. But my problem is my system isn't detecting it. Now the reason i got it is because on board VGA burned up on me so i had to use a old standard graphics card temporarily which is how I'm able to come on this site lol. But anyways when i plug DMS-59 adapter cord into graphics card i recently bought i get no signal and when i check on Device Manager its only detecting the Standard VGA card but not Radeon X1300. Many have told me to go BIO settings and turn the PCI Express slot on but there is nothing in my BIOs for that. I always tried Catalyst downloads and those don't seem to work either.

PC is also pretty old its a W3107 Emachines and was upgraded to 1GB of ram and currently running windows 7. I'm hoping that my machine being old is not the issue because i would hate to have spend all that money on this card and not be able to use it, also buying a new PC is out of the question because i can't afford it right now. So if anyone has any helpful information to get this thing to detect on my computer will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

ThePhenom389X

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I have it plugged into the standard VGA card, because my Monitor reads no signal when i plug it into the X1300 card.

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

and the standard vga card is what? onboard or your other video card?

ThePhenom389X

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Well when the onboard card burned up i borrowed a regular standard graphics card that is the one im using right now until i can get X1300 to work. I have them both hooked up right now though but X1300 is the one that isnt being detected. I'm sorry im terrible when it comes to explaining this stuff because i dont really know anything about computer hardware lol.

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

well thats the problem then. remove your old regular standard graphics card and leave your x1300 connected. connect your monitor to the x1300 and you should be good to go. you do not have to have a video card installed to switch/upgrade to a newer card, just swap them out and thats it

ThePhenom389X

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I tried that and my monitor just wont get a signal when i plug it in. I even uninstalled the other card before installing the X1300 and still nothing. I'm starting to think either I was sold a bad card or the card is just too advanced for my PC to run it. If that's the case then I'm probably better off asking for my money back and just keep using the crappy graphics until I'm able to get a new PC. Trying to keep an old PC up to date just isn't worth the money lol. Thanks for your help.