ati still to be king of mobile market

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well remember nvidia was releasing the geforce GO! well the mobile ati radeon is much powerful i here. one of thing oem's will be looking at the mobile will use less energy then the mobile geforce go!

-- takes one to now one --

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sharky Extreme: Can we expect a notebook variation of the RADEON? How do you intend to solidify your position in the notebook market? What kind of timeline should gamers looking for a "Mobile RADEON" expect to wait for such a part?

Dave Orton: From its inception, the Radeon was designed with the idea of it going "mobile." The Radeon is a modular platform allowing ATI to rapidly deploy mobile products with the right set of features for the different segments in mobile. A number of Mobility products utilizing the Radeon platform are under development and sampling to our customers today. The Mobile variant of the Radeon product will be announced in 2001 when our customers are ready to ship their products.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/articles/dave_orton_interview/4.shtml

-- takes one to now one --

G

A mobile Radeon? Nice! Laptops have always been held back by their weak-ass graphics cards. Look at the Dell inspirons. They have 800mhz CPU's and 8mb graphic cards.

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ATI sucks. I would never buy another one of their graphics cards. Extremely poor drivers and non existant updates and no toll free support. ATI is a canadian [-peep-] you americans company. They can suck my american cock.

TRENDING THREADS