(ati vs nvidia) is alot like (intel vs amd)

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well i have been i have notice that video cards prices have fallen down. thank ati for making the radeon. cause of the radeon nvidia is in worried state. so there taking about the geforce3 cause there scared of ati. thank you ati for getting the radeons and the geforce2 prices lowered. its like how amd athlon scared the p3 by beating it clock by clock. so the p3 prices fell and the athlons. it isnt 2 companys going for the gold better then 1 tyrant company

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
NVidia is in a worried state? ROFLMAO

They have and will have the best GPU the world has ever known (GeForce series and the upcoming NV20).

But I agree that we should thank ATI, they did make the prices drop on the GeForce. :)

G

ATI does do things a little differently in thier 3d. Nvidia rules for speed, but I have heard good things about ATI's quality. Still if ATI had helped the prices, and NVIDIA is worried why are the prices so high on the Ultra cards?

Learning has begun.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i think the ultra's high prices can be attributed to 2 factors: first, it it relatively new so prices haven't had much of a chance to drop yet, and second, there's no legitimate competition in the ultra's performance class. basically, ati has cards that compete on the level of the geforce2 mx and somewhat with the geforce2 gts. the performance of the ultra is currently untouchable.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well you see if it wasnt for ati the gts would be still be around $300 and the MX could been $200. So all you nvidia nuts better thank ati for the low gts and mx prices.

mpjesse

Splendid
Nvidia is going to turn into another Intel type company... They're already getting into the sound chip and controller chip market. They're becoming the graphics chipzilla... ahhhh!! Nvidia is a good company though. They are a true rags to riches model... from the old ass crappy RIVA 128 to the GF2 Ultra... 3Dfx is the disappointment.

-MP Jesse

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually it's like this:

GeForce 2 GTS: Awsome Picture Quality, Supersonic speed

Radeon: Better than GeForce 2 GTS Picture Quality, Subsonic Speed

I'm not dissing the Radeon, just trying to make it a little more truthful.

lol! well then! That would make the radeon a better card?
Geforce is just pure speed. thats all! no picture quality? right? i had a TNT card, and the picture quality is no where near as good as the radeon!

ok, u must be a moron.

who says i was compareing the two? i had a tnt card, i now have a radeon card. the radeon card has better picture quality then the tnt card. Dude, stop snorting that crack! it's killing your brain cells!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
ati radeon = awsome picture quality and excellent speed
geforce2 gts = average picture quality and awsome speed
Hmmm... I see a "geforce2 gts" in there.... Whats this about TNT?

Jeez! You're so high you don't even know what you said! (or what you read)

G

Do you know why ATI has more market share?? It's because they had the lesser gfx cards/chipsets that came in business pc's. I bet if you looked at gamers and those type's of people nVidia's share would be much larger in the demographic.

-S

i really don't care! lol! seriously! The radeon card is awsome! i Have the ATI AIW Radeon card! do you see a nvidia card that can do superb video? no!

Now stop being so biased with nvidia, what have they done for you? nothing but steal your money! Try the radeon, you'll be impressed with the image quality.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've never been biased towards NVidia. Show me a post where I have been.

And I wouldn't trade my awsome speed and excellent image quality for way less speed and 1/10th better image quality.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well it wasnt for ati we would only talk about nvidia cause voodoo5 sucks. and it would be stupid and dumb to talk graphics if it wasnt for ati you would all get bored about graphics cards and ati is the only thing from keeping nvidia becoming graphics chipzilla and a market w/ $300 GTS cards. so w/o ati radeon there would be no gf2 mx, cause nvidia would have no need too they can overcharge like intel and microsoft, who like close ties w/ nvidia. where ati only allies are oem pc makers and somewhat amd cause there pushing ddr-sdram. and also lets see its unfair 5 nvidia chips vs. 1 radeon. its like how amd k6-2 vs. pentium 2. amd k6-2 is a good chip (i have a k6-2 system my self) but MIRCO$SOFT design windows for optionmized for intel not amd. amd is the fastest now (not as fast as alpha 700mhz)and windows is still design for intel. so nvidia is friend w/ intel and microsoft so, windows will run geforce and P4 faster then an radeon and an athlon.

note dont invest in the x-box (powered by the evil trio)
the game cube looks better and has MARIO!!!!

TRENDING THREADS