ATX 24pin wires

Tin Cheung

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Hi, I would like to know for a custom cable jobs. for an evga supernova gs 650 ATX 24 pin mobo to psu power cable uses how many wires, also for 8pin cpu to psu, 8 pin pcie to psu?
do i use female to female wires to link to the connector, or do i use male to male link to the connectors?
thank you much guys

Solution
Every PSU is different, even within a single brand. You're going to need to find the wiring diagram for the specific model you have, or make your own diagram very very carefully. You're going to need to learn which tools you'll need for measuring (voltages and length), crimping and removing pins, and cutting. You'll have to buy ample supplies and cut your cable and sleeving and purchase the proper empty female and male connectors for your PSU. There is a lot of practice and knowledge that goes into making a sleeved cable set that works right and doesn't fry something, let alone getting it to look good.

I can only recommend doing what I did. Start with a pre made set from CableMods, order your supplies from them as well and then try to...

IamTimTech

Admirable
Oct 13, 2014
Every PSU is different, even within a single brand. You're going to need to find the wiring diagram for the specific model you have, or make your own diagram very very carefully. You're going to need to learn which tools you'll need for measuring (voltages and length), crimping and removing pins, and cutting. You'll have to buy ample supplies and cut your cable and sleeving and purchase the proper empty female and male connectors for your PSU. There is a lot of practice and knowledge that goes into making a sleeved cable set that works right and doesn't fry something, let alone getting it to look good.

I can only recommend doing what I did. Start with a pre made set from CableMods, order your supplies from them as well and then try to copy their set. A few sets of cables in and I still can't get the same result as theirs.

Solution

Tin Cheung

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

cool~i guess i needed just buy the cable... but the price are somewhat too high for me... may be when i save up enough money than. thanks for the advice. :D

janson23

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Hi Tin

If you still need custom made power cables:
http://www.cables4pc.co.uk/custom/Custom%20Orders