Audigy 2 is beating me down!

Tibium

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002
So I got this new Audigy 2 and it is not installing drivers at all. I am running XP Pro. This is what I have done.
The two drivers not wanting to install are PCI Input and media controller. I have gotten them to install in safe mode but when i go to boot normal windows it locks at the splash screen. I have reinstalled windows and even updated to SP1 all a nogo. It is saying that the drivers are not "windows authenticated". Normal install using the Software provided only locks down at 95%, Hard lock or restart with nothing changed. I have integrated sound which has been disabled in the bios. Please if anyone has a clue or has heard of this issue let me know. Thanks

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Download the latest driver from Creative and try them. Uninstall all other related drivers/software first if you didn't already.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Tibium

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002
I will try that and let you guys know what become of it. I hope that works basically the last thing i know to do

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Grrr, Creative's still up to their old ways of doing things I see.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

deecue

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
throw out that audigy2 and save your money. they do sound "nice" i guess..but i really dont think creative SB is cutting it anymore for their price to performance\quality ratio. even the people ive talked to that have gotten it installed on xp, crashes in simple mp3 playback and other operations editing operations and game play.. im sure they will fix this with updated drivers tho. but yea..i dont think they are worth it and i would take it back, get your money and get a tb santa cruz or fortissimo III for a third the price. plus creative now installs spyware with their drivers. so they def wont ever exist in my computer.

-dave