Question Audio issue and force restart while using XMP profile.

Jan 9, 2021
I have been having a problem where when I run an XMP profile while gaming, I will get strange crackling sounds in my sound and mic. It tends to happen more frequently when I am in a discord call as well. Any other application such as web browsing and videos do not cause any problems. Minutes after I get these audio problems my computer will force restart itself unless I close the application.

Specs:

Mobo: gigabyte b550 aorus pro ac
GPU: EVGA rtx 3060 ti xc
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Memory: Gskill ripjaws 3600mhz cl18
PSU: Powerspec 650w

I have been having a problem where when I run an XMP profile while gaming, I will get strange crackling sounds in my sound and mic. It tends to happen more frequently when I am in a discord call as well. Any other application such as web browsing and videos do not cause any problems. Minutes after I get these audio problems my computer will force restart itself unless I close the application.

Specs:

Mobo: gigabyte b550 aorus pro ac
GPU: EVGA rtx 3060 ti xc
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Memory: Gskill ripjaws 3600mhz cl18
PSU: Powerspec 650w
Did you try running memtest86 or even just testmem5 to see if your ram is stable with XMP settings?

Jan 9, 2021
Did you try running memtest86 or even just testmem5 to see if your ram is stable with XMP settings?
I have run memtest86 with both XMP on and off, and there were no problems. It seems to only happen when I am in a discord call, so it could be some problem with that. My memory is never maxed out. I did notice that when I looked at task manager while playing sea of thieves it said my GPU was loading to 90-100%. I don't believe this should happen in a game like sea of thieves with a 3060 ti. Is there anything I can do to fix this?