Question Audio Issues muddy sound

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
This is so annoying, basically for the past 3-4years I couldn't use usb headsets as my audio will be muddy / bassy and unnatural sounding, so when i had a 3.5mm headset i usded realtek hd audio manager to set the eq to powerful which makes all the audio sound normal like it is for most people, in the past 3-4 years i have upgraded my hdd to a ssd still had the issues upgraded my gpu multiple times, upgraded my pc case, motherboard , cpu and everything and now im on a new buiild with a new am4 ryzen motherboard new ram new cpu, but this time realtek hd audio manager doesn't open anymore for whatever reason, also i can't install it because of an error 0001 code, so once again i am stuck with muddy / bassy sound from my headphones, i use the hyperx cloud alphas, i've tried to run my headset through a mic amp with a adapter, same sound and i've googled everything every year for days, and i cant seem to find a solution, no disabling no enhancements doesn't work, yes i have tried many different headphones from usb to 3.5mm etc, only thing that fixes it is the eq from realtek which doesnt open anymore and i have tried other eq's they arern't as good, while it might be slight improvement , its either too high pitched or bad audio, while the realtek one was perfect, so if anyone got solutions for me or has the same issues, help me fix it thanks. im on windows 10 pro.

Lutfij

Titan
Headset = HyperX Cloud Alpha, so you're on an analog connection. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You can locate the version of your OS by right clicking on Start then left clicking on System. The version number should be at the bottom of the new window. On second thoughts, please list your specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

to confirm, you're tethered to the front panel audio connections or the rear I/O audio jacks? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?

i've tried to run my headset through a mic amp with a adapter
Can you elaborate on this? A link to said amp?

Just to reiterate, USB driven headsets will not utilize Realtek's app to manage the audio quality, instead they are either on another app that needs downloading off their support site or the audio is generically resolved by the OS. The analog connection will rely on Realtek's audio processing.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
ryzen 7 1700
msi b450 gaming plus max
16gb 3200mhz 2x8 corsair vengeance lp ram
248gb kingston ssd - 2tb hdd
asus gtx 1060 6gb turbo
650watt evga fully modular 80+ bronze
Corsair 220T RGB case
System type 64-bit operating system
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎21/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19043.1165
- just upgraded to 21H1 to see if it fixes audio a few minutes ago and no it didn't

btw if i uninstall the audio from device manager which is just high def audio then i can install realtek hd audio manager but nothing happens after the restart, and high def aud reinstalls itself autom.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Headset = HyperX Cloud Alpha, so you're on an analog connection. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You can locate the version of your OS by right clicking on Start then left clicking on System. The version number should be at the bottom of the new window. On second thoughts, please list your specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

to confirm, you're tethered to the front panel audio connections or the rear I/O audio jacks? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?

Just to reiterate, USB driven headsets will not utilize Realtek's app to manage the audio quality, instead they are either on another app that needs downloading off their support site or the audio is generically resolved by the OS. The analog connection will rely on Realtek's audio processing.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface

was the amp i ran it through

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

i know usb headsets cant use realtek, that's why i said i cant use usb headsets because of that, and i use 3.5mm headphones

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
You have upgraded your computer to something totally new, have you reinstalled windows?
Yeah i tried to install it on my hdd, currently using a FXSound EQ that i customly set. which isn't 100% perfect but its pretty close around 85% for now going to use this unless i get some suggestions that will work / help.