Question Audio jacks (front and back) now working & audio jack not showing up.

Apr 24, 2019
I've had this issue for a while and it's always bugged me. I am using a USB adapter right now but I want to solve this issue once and for all.
For maybe a year or so my front and back audio jacks just don't work, when I check the sound control panel, stereo mix doesn't show up either and in device manager, High Definition Audio Controller isn't working (Device cannot start: Code 10).
In the past I have tried updating it, uninstalling it, installing Realtek audio drivers, motherboard audio drivers but they never install. I was thinking there might be something in the registry but I wouldn't know and I don't want to mess with something unless I'm sure. I also thought it could possibly be an issue with my motherboard or maybe my PSU?
A couple weeks back I got a new GPU (AMD RX 5700 XT) and suddenly everything worked like normal until I restarted my PC, after which it reverted back to not working at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions I can try? Anything is much appreciated :)

lolnole

Commendable
Oct 2, 2018
Please post your system's specs.

What happens when you say "installing Realtek audio drivers, motherboard audio drivers but they never install"? Is it not installing due to an error? If so, what is the error?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS