Question Audio, Video, and Mouse stutter, Windows can't restart on it's own

Aug 23, 2020
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
MB: B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Mem: Crucial Ballistix 16GB
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 NVMe
Video GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER
(Windows 10)

I have several issues which I believe are related. First, the peripherals cannot wake up the computer. I have a Razer Black Widow and a Logitech Prodigy and neither of them wake the computer up when it sleeps. When the computer is asleep I have to press the actual power button, then it wakes up like normal.

My more major issue is that on about 1/4th of my restarts (for assorted reasons) the computer powers up into what I've taken to calling "stutter state". From the desktop appearing the audio, video, and mouse stutter for a few frames once every 1 or 2 seconds. It is significant enough to make videos unwatchable and games unplayable.

Whenever this happens, I can restart and it resolves itself. However, this restart must be a hard power off. When in "stutter state" if I attempt to restart through the Windows 10 menu, my monitor displays the circle of dots loading, and "Restarting..." and never actually powers off. If I select "Power Off" in the windows menu, the monitors go black, but the comp never actually turns off (fans run and motherboard lights still on).

Any suggestions? What could cause audio, video, mouse, and Windows restart capabilities to fail all at once?

Aug 24, 2020
I have the same exact issue as you with the stuttering and Windows being unable to restart itself. I also need to force shutdown the system like you. It happens around 25-50% of the time similar to your system. I am wondering if the issue is related to MSI motherboards as I'm running a MSI X570 MPG Carbon Pro Wifi motherboard. I was watching a stream recently and someone mentioned they also had this issue with a different MSI motherboard. I recently shipped my motherboard to MSI in hopes that they could fix this, but unfortunately the replacement they sent me still had the same issue.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
MB: MSI X570 MPG Carbon Pro Wifi
Mem: Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz 16gb
Storage: Samsung 860 evo 500gb
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 TI
PSU: Corsair RM750x