Jan 27, 2020
Hello!

I wasn't sure what category to put this under as I'm not 100% sure what the root cause of the problem is.

Essentially, when watching videos on Chrome via Youtube/Twitch etc. the audio becomes gradually out of sync with the video. This is using my speakers that are connected via headphone jack. Refreshing the page resets the audio/video sync temporarily.

When doing the same thing using my USB headset, the video plays fine for a few seconds and then freezes up and starts playing at like 1 fps - the audio stuttering at the same rate. (NB - this is awkward to replicate as it only seems to happen sometimes).

I have tried:
  • Disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome settings
  • Ensuring power settings are on max performance (in Windows)
  • Disabling fast-startup in Windows
  • Re-installing & updating drivers for both audio devices
None of which have fixed the issue so far. I've seen people suggest altering the HPET setting but I am hesitant to do this as I'm not sure of the implications.

Something else to note is that I use my PC for gaming and I have not noticed audio desync issues when playing games.

Finally, here are my specs, copied from Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8320 44 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 970A-DS3P (CPU 1) 34 °C
Graphics
AOC 2460 (1920x1080@60Hz)
AOC G2460 (1920x1080@144Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 39 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
111GB KINGSTON SHFS37A120G (SSD) 31 °C
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Other peripherals:
  • HyperX Cloud 2 Headset (USB)
  • Logitech Z200 Speakers (Headphone jack)
  • Logitech G PRO Wireless Mouse
  • Logitech G213 Keyboard
  • Trust Webcam
Thank you for sticking with me through this long post, I am really keen to get to the bottom of this issue as it's a really big pain!

Hello

Can you please try the same solution I posted here a moment ago?

In addition to this, if possible, please try uninstalling the audio and video drivers, and installing any of their earlier versions. Sometime, the latest drivers fail to perform correctly due to some incompatibilities, and rolling them back fixes the issue.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!