sickure

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
I'm curious if it's normal for the audiodg.exe process to use only 15 or so mb of memory after reboot but after a few apps running and stopping it uses 2 to 4 gb. It does this even after i close everything and have nothing running.

You're using a Creative sound card then? There's a bug in their drivers where 3D effects aren't getting purged from memory after use. Go into your audio preferences and set to Stereo mode, and the problem should stop.

Then go to Creative Labs in California and leave flaming baggies of dog feces on the porch.

sickure

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
lol.....i'm using modded drivers but i get what you're saying. I have it on stereo already. Friggin Creative!! I'm working on an invention where i can send flaming poo bags through the phone. It's tough work and i'm not even close.

Hmmm... I agree, the whole "transform the Feces to electrical impulses which can be transmitted, then transform them back on the other end" part is kind of tough.

Hmmm...

Hey!! The "Mythbusters" crew are in California, yah?? Maybe we can tell them of a Myth where a flaming thousand pound bag of Feces fell out of the sky and hit Creative's headquarters... You know - get them to do ir *for* us!!

sickure

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
I like the way you think.

Back to the technical issue though.....I disabled every Creative enhancement i could and still can't get to the bottom of this memory leak.