Question Aurora R7 Fan upgrades HELPPPPP

Sep 18, 2024
Hey all, im wonder if you can help. I have an Aurora R7 have had for a fair few years now. I have upgraded the RAM, PSU, GPU, Hardrive space etc, but the one issue i have always had is it is so noisy. I am just looking to find out if anyone has upgraded the fans on this PC. I have looked online and through my research it looks like my PC maybe should have been water cooled for the CPU, but mine is air cooled. So im just looking to see if anyone has any ideas of what fans i could replace the Original ones with. Thanks :)

Sep 18, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00XnLAUYqo

is an example on what you can do to your prebuilt. If you have the funds, you should look into Noctua fans. As for your prebuilt, if you have the AIO in your prebuilt, use high static pressure fans.
Thank you, i will watch that now, so i brought a noctua fan for the front fan replacement as apparently that doesnt cause an issue when booting up. I dont have the AIO though, mine is a crazy noisy CPU Fan.
From the research i did do, Dell added loads of fans to a "incompatibility list", im not sure if thats a real thing, im pretty new to PC sets ups ha ha

looking to see if anyone has any ideas of what fans i could replace the Original ones with
follow the included fans' cables to their connection point.

how are they connected;
directly to a motherboard 4pin PWM header(s),
to a motherboard 3pin header,
to a fan hub, etc..?

if connected to a fan hub, what sort of connection do they use;
4pin, 3pin, proprietary, etc?
and is the hub connected to the motherboard, to a case button, or only directly to the power supply?

Sep 18, 2024
follow the included fans' cables to their connection point.

how are they connected;
directly to a motherboard 4pin PWM header(s),
to a motherboard 3pin header,
to a fan hub, etc..?

if connected to a fan hub, what sort of connection do they use;
4pin, 3pin, proprietary, etc?
and is the hub connected to the motherboard, to a case button, or only directly to the power supply?
Hey, I will look this evening and see what it looks like. I change the front fan to a noctua nf-p12 fan and that is working fine, but the cpu one is so noisy.

Will get back to you. Thank you for your help