[SOLVED] Automatic windoes repair freezing Boot fail SSD

PainBlame

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
GA-X99-Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0)
[2016]

500gb ssd samsung Evo

I dont know what I did exactly, but I turned my old ssd into a storage device I believe. Thus, removing my windows os boot file and now my computer, whenever I try to boot the windows os, I get lost into a black screen with "automatic repair" at the bottom and a spinning loading circle.

After about 5 seconds the circle freezes mid spin and my computer stops there, till I restart the PC.

I cant seem to find in the bios to fix this. I think I was trying to view my ssd files onto another computer and I configured it into a storage or something and it corrupted the windows OS. This was almost a year ago, I think at the time I maybe was messing with the ide, or raid settings, and that's when it went bad.

THE SSD STILL WORKS, I CAN PLUG IT INTO ANOTHER COMPUTER AND VIEW ALL MY COMPUTER FILES.

Just windows on the ssd wont boot.

Will I need to reinstall windows? I got all my important stuff already moved over onto another ssd.

If I have to reinstall windows again, where can I get a copy? I already paid for windows previously, will I have to again?

Solution
See if your primary boot device in BIOS is set to Windows Boot Manager. In the interim period, make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update. If you have a number of them pending, work through them gradually(one by one).

If the motherboard hasn't changed(physically) then you can reinstall the OS with the license key intact. Just need to grab a USB pen drive and with the aid of Windows Media Creation Tools create a bootable USB installer for OS.

Lutfij

Titan
See if your primary boot device in BIOS is set to Windows Boot Manager. In the interim period, make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update. If you have a number of them pending, work through them gradually(one by one).

If the motherboard hasn't changed(physically) then you can reinstall the OS with the license key intact. Just need to grab a USB pen drive and with the aid of Windows Media Creation Tools create a bootable USB installer for OS.

Solution

PainBlame

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

I scrapped the entire motherboard and purchased a ryzen 5 3600x with asus prime x570