autorun w/tdk velo cd-rw

G

i have win2000 pro and am installing it on a new system, and am trying to install software(direct cd, cd creator, and cd blender) that came with my tdk velo 8/4/32 cd-wr. i liked using the cd blender programs (digital mixmaster and pure dupe)but now in win 2000 i can not get them to work. when i try to burn a cd a message states, can not use with AUTORUN enabled, and it asks whether i want to disable it. so i do, then system restarts. upon restart, system gives a warning that is is not recomended to disable autorun because of possible problems with cd-wr.
my questions are, what is autorun, and is it safe to disable? how to i solve my problem of using the cd-wr and cd blender software?

G

now i disabled the auto run feature, and tried burning cd to temp file to cd-r using tdk blender(pure dupe) and everything apeared ok. but the cd would not play on any of the cd-players i tried. i also tried burning mp3 to cd-r, these did not work either. so i am at a loss of info. any questions or advice helpful.