[SOLVED] Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 - Headphone Jack not working

Motaro47

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
Hello, I have an AMD-based PC I built several years ago, AMD Phenom x4, 16gb ram, etc. I bought with it this sound card because it was highly rated and because it could transfer digital audio(5.1 and better) unfiltered, meaning as raw audio or encoded. Also, it has an amplified, powerful headphone jack, and since I use headphones often, this sounded great. Well, I recently reformatted my computer with a new SSD, Win 7, and have drivers for the sound card, and from all I've read and my own experience, this card is compatible with Win 7, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I can't get that darn headphone jack to export any audio, at all. Drivers/program installed successfully, I just can't get audio out of that headphone jack, and I've tried numerous headphones + external speakers on the 3.5mm headphone jack on card but still not working. Messed around with every setting I could think of. These are/were nice cards, hardware anyway, so it seems like such a waste that it won't work. Right now I'm forced to use onboard motherboard audio, which is obv sub-par. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Motaro47

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
According to this it's only compatible with Windows XP & Vista so it could well be a driver issue.
Check Device Manager to see if it shows any error flags for an audio device.

Yes, it's just that most things that said "Vista required" have worked fine w/ Win 7 for me, and I'm using Win 7 on this machine.

Not one error or ? anywhere in dev mgmt.
audio.jpg

AMD High Def device is my vid card's audio output, which is not in use.
Auzentech X-Fi Forte is the card in question, which displays as "working", though really is not. The red glow of the optical output does light up, but the signal it outputs to my receiver is fuzzy with no real audio, and the headphone jack on the card, which is what I really need to work, I cann't get to output any audio at all, even with all drivers + manufacturer software installed, and all options tried.
High Def Audio Device is the built in mobo sound, which works fine, but it puts out like 7 ohms versus Forte which puts out around 100, and on-board mobo sound just isn't power enough for headphones; unlistenable. Cell phone puts out more than that.
USB Audio Device is just my Logitech external mic which works fine.