mangaman

Honorable
Avast did a scan and detected a false positive with some VM files. These files are snapshots of a windows machine in VMware, but avast says that these are a high threat. I scanned them with Malwarebytes and did a scan with hitman pro, and both did not detect anything unusual. They are .vmem files from VMware. So what's up with Avast?

Edit: It's been awhile since I used the site and the layout has me quite confused. I meant post this in the Antivirus forums, but I don't know how to move my post.

mangaman

Honorable
There's nothing unusual about AV software bringing up a false positives from time to time. When it does, double-check by uploading the file to VirusTotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload

I wish I could upload it to VirusTotal, but the VM snapshot is 1.7GB. I contacted Avast support to see if they can fix this issue.

I did use Kaspersky's one time scan tool, but it found nothing. Avast and Bitdefender were conflicting with each-other, when I installed BitDefender sometime ago. If BitDefender has a one time, scan tool, could you link it?

Thanks Colif. I'll have to get used to the new layout.