Question Avast wont open or respond at all

Aleksandar_28

Reputable
Aug 5, 2017
Ive been using avast for maybe 4 yrs now and Im very happy with it. But after a recent windows reinstall it refuses to open(or rather it would just flash in the task bar for a less than a second and than would turn off). Ive tried everything like reinstaling it, repairing it, online, offline installers and nothing. As for what might be the problem i have to potencial suspects:
1st I just put my 2 ssds in raid 0 (since the reason for the reinstall)
2nd I had a crappy backup that probably brought back old avast files and folders

I'm using windows 10 pro 64bit on a ryzen 5 2600, gigabyte a320m-h board and like i said 2 ssds in raid 0

If anyone has any idea what might be the problem or how to fix it I would appreciate it immensely!

Aleksandar_28

Reputable
Aug 5, 2017
the recent windows update has been causing such problems. seems like you've been one of the unlucky ones

there may be an update for Avast that fixes it or you may have to uninstall the latest update to get it working again
May be but my pc doesn't slow down or lags when started but the problem is just that when i press the avast icon nothing happens.I would try rolling back the update but the "go back to the previous version of windows" option seems to be missing.