Question Average FPS is good but 1% and 0.1% Lows are ZERO

mevcutonur

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
I have an old PC that can run a few games which I was fine with. Recently after starting League of Legends I noticed a lot of stuttering and checked my FPS values. Despite getting decent FPS I experience a lot of visual stuttering and a very noticeable delay in my inputs. Even outside any game every now and then I notice the cursor lagging/stuttering. Now I know with an old PC like mine I'm not going to have the smoothest experience but my 1% low and 0.1% low values are straight up ZERO.

PC specs: HP Compaq dc5800 microtower, Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, AMD RX 550, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 4 pieces of Kingston 2GB 800MHz RAM = 8GB

Here is a user benchmark for my PC and my specs: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/65132175
According to this test everything seems normal except the SSD which is performing below the normal levels. I assume this is because it's connected with a SATA 2 cable and that's as high as my motherboard will support. Even then, I don't believe this is the cause of the problem since it still should be good enough.
DMeauI3.png
0gBr0J1.png

Is this normal? If not is it fixable? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I have an old PC that can run a few games which I was fine with. Recently after starting League of Legends I noticed a lot of stuttering and checked my FPS values. Despite getting decent FPS I experience a lot of visual stuttering and a very noticeable delay in my inputs. Even outside any game every now and then I notice the cursor lagging/stuttering. Now I know with an old PC like mine I'm not going to have the smoothest experience but my 1% low and 0.1% low values are straight up ZERO.

PC specs: HP Compaq dc5800 microtower, Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, AMD RX 550, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 4 pieces of Kingston 2GB 800MHz RAM = 8GB

Here is a user benchmark for my PC and my specs: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/65132175
According to this test everything seems normal except the SSD which is performing below the normal levels. I assume this is because it's connected with a SATA 2 cable and that's as high as my motherboard will support. Even then, I don't believe this is the cause of the problem since it still should be good enough.
DMeauI3.png
0gBr0J1.png

Is this normal? If not is it fixable? Any help is greatly appreciated.
That core 2 quad is heavily outdated. It doesn't support many modern instruction sets necessary for modern gaming. This means that it has to brute force it (if it is even able to start the said program) with raw speed which it does not have. It's kind of like running RT on a GTX card, it can do it but it doesn't have enough power to do it well.

Reactions: mevcutonur

mevcutonur

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
OK thanks, I think it showing 0 is a problem with the measurement and how old the parts are. Thanks for the opinions!