Question B450 DS3H (v2) wont post or shutdown with power button

Jan 11, 2023
I built a new desktop recently with the following components:
MOBO: B450 DS3H (working on previous build)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Vengence LPX 16gb
PSU: 500W ThermalTake silver
NvME: WD_BLACK 500Gb SSD (GEN 4)
GPU: GTX 760 (friends old one)
After fully installing this setup I tried to boot the computer on and all I was greeted with was spinning fans. I couldn't even turn the computer off. I had to switch the PSU off.
So i figured the MOBO was dead so i upgraded it to
MOBO: B450 DS3H v2 (working in different build)
same results
I upgraded the CPU and removed the GPU
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G (iGPU)
same results
Tried new PSU
650W fully modular corsair
same results
reset CMOS battery
same results
took ram out to listen for beep codes
no beep codes, same result
took entire setup out of case and tried to boot it on
same results
After taking the second MOBO out i noticed scratches on the bottom from one of the standoffs which had become quite pointy. Both MOBO's had similar damage on the bottom (around the standoff holes)
could this damage on the bottom of the MOBO from the case be the cause?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: 500W ThermalTake silver
Thermaltake is the brand of the unit while 500W is the advertised wattage for the unit. Silver is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating for said unit. What is the model of the unit?

Tried new PSU
650W fully modular corsair

Same predicament, Corsair is the brand while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Please mention the model of the unit.

MOBO: B450 DS3H v2 (working in different build)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G (iGPU)

If your motherboard lacks the necessary BIOS version then you're going to see a similar no POST issue with the latter generation APU.

Are these the boards you've worked with;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x#kf
?

Did you try breadboarding?

After taking the second MOBO out i noticed scratches on the bottom from one of the standoffs which had become quite pointy. Both MOBO's had similar damage on the bottom (around the standoff holes)
could this damage on the bottom of the MOBO from the case be the cause?

Possible that you scratched the PCB's trace(s) and causing a short. Might want to pass on images of the standoff and the scratch on the motherboard. Host your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass on an URL to them in this thread for us to see.

Jan 11, 2023
Thank you for your quick reply,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the model of the PSU's, but I took a picture of the output specs and the damage so hopefully that helps.

Yes, I'm talking about that one. And I updated the mobo on it, but I also know that it works with Ryzen 5 3600 because I was using the same exact MOBO (V2) in a different build with the same CPU, but once I moved it to this once it started failing just like the other MOBO (V1)

I'm also not sure what bread boarding is in this case

edit: heres the link -> View: https://imgur.com/a/rIYl20r

Last edited: