[SOLVED] B450 Mortar Max Io shield problem

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Well im having problem with aligning this particular motherboard,it just feels like mobo wont sink into io shield fully 🤔
Do i need to bend some pins on io shield or nah(haven't had this problem on my old msi b75m-e33)

Solution
On both questions answer is yes,it just feels like lan ports,bios flash button and usb ports cant fully sink in,those pins are kind of pushing them farther of io shield.
Now that I look at my B450 Mortar shield, it too is a bit further back than I think necessary. But all connectors go in reliably and come out easily enough, never with any loose connections. I think it's just the way it works.

Once installed, check that the little fingers alongside some of the openings are making contact with the shields around the connector. They're there to ground the I/O shield and keep EMI from escaping the cabinet. They may be what's pushing the I/O shield out a bit, so that would be normal AFAICT.
On both questions answer is yes,it just feels like lan ports,bios flash button and usb ports cant fully sink in,those pins are kind of pushing them farther of io shield.
Now that I look at my B450 Mortar shield, it too is a bit further back than I think necessary. But all connectors go in reliably and come out easily enough, never with any loose connections. I think it's just the way it works.

Once installed, check that the little fingers alongside some of the openings are making contact with the shields around the connector. They're there to ground the I/O shield and keep EMI from escaping the cabinet. They may be what's pushing the I/O shield out a bit, so that would be normal AFAICT.

Solution

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019

Oh i see, thanks for helping out, I've thought that i aligned it bad,its my first time building pc from scratch so i didn't want to mess up something 😁

Ive just built my son's pc with this mobo and had similar problems but I had trouble fixing it onto the actual pc case but got there eventually, it is fiddly and to be honest,it would still probably fall off if I pushed it with any force,this is why i love mobo's with built on shields!