cuddlyduck

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
Hi
I have build my Ryzen 3600 PC with B450 tomahawk. PC worked normally for two days. But when I tried to start it today, It wont boot. No output is going to the monitor. Every fans in GPU , CPU etc runs for few seconds and then turns off.
I tried reinstalling
  1. Reset Switch
  2. Ram ( single 8 gb ddr4 set to 3200 in xmp mode)
  3. GPU.
When I turn the PC on, the red CPU led turns on and then every thing turns off.
My bios version is 19.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
BIOS 19 supports your CPU but I would flash the newest BIOS because it states it improve Memory Compatibility and OC Profile:
Version 7C02v1A
Release Date 2019-07-22
File Size 9.12 MB
Then reset the CMOS (look in your MB manual for exact steps) to be sure the BIOS is at set to it's default settings.

Description
  • Support ComboPI 1.0.0.3ab
  • Support OC Profile
  • Improve memory compatibility

If flashing the new BIOS doesn't fix the issue try moving your RAM to a different slot and see if it will boot then.

cuddlyduck

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
this means cpu is not detec could you use a previous cpu for this to see if it boot and did board came with bios 19 or you did flash it to 19 .
I flashed my bios using usb. I set up the build, installed windows pro and PC was working fine for 2 days , with no issues, But now it suddenly does not boot. I switched from intel to amd. I dont have a spare cpu.

cuddlyduck

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
did you still use the same os setting as intel on the amd or made a full reinstall .
No it was full reinstall except for the gpu.
Ryzen 5 3600
b450 tomahawk
GPU is geforce 210 Yup......I am waiting /saving for rx5600
crucial mx 500 + 1 tb 7200 baracuda
Antec eag pro 650w gold psu.
windows 64 pro build 1903.
8 gb vengeance corsair 3200 mhz
Gpu has its latest drivers installed as well.The monitor used to flicker but when I replugged the dvi cable, the issue was solved.
Thanks for support.

cuddlyduck

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
so the system work now made sure that the outside of gpu cable from pc does not touch case plate when your remove old driver and gpu then install the new one this creating a short and system wont boot .
I removed the gpu , ram , and cmos battery last night and plugged back in today morning. RAM reinstalled on DIMM slot 4. Fortunately, I was able to enter boot screen and and made sure there was no overclocking. My PC is now working fine so far (bios v 19) but RAM frequency came down from 3200 to 2133.
Thank you, but I could not get how gpu output cable can short , when touching the case plate. Please explain.