[SOLVED] B450m PRO VDH MAX / Samsung 970 1 TB NVMe / BIOS / Boot Manager

Sep 27, 2021
B450m PRO VDH MAX
AMD RYZEN 5 3600
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB SSD NVMe M.2

Ok so I got a 1 TB SSD NVMe installed it and I media tooled windows onto it and everything seemed to go great. I BIOS again and choose the SSD as Priority Boot then restart. But it just goes to Plug in Boot Device. So I start trying to flash the BIOS to upgrade and to actually see a Boot Manager pop up to set as priority boot to no avail. I still think my bios isn't its latest ill try again later. So I go snooping around and use the Recovery side of the Media Tool still nothing. Then I started formatting the SSD and turned it into a NTFS and converted to GPT. Now when I go to install Windows again after formatting it says

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu"

Some Article said something about changing AHCI which changes the hard disk lock or something but its not in the BIOS what else do I not know guys plz help

I'm thinking I just got to be able to download the Windows this time Boot Manager will actually pop up because I've installed it before but that wasn't before I found out you needed to format your SSD. IDK HOW PLZ HELP

Solution
B450m PRO VDH MAX
AMD RYZEN 5 3600

Ok so I got a 1 TB SSD NVMe installed it and I media tooled windows onto it and everything seemed to go great. I BIOS again and choose the SSD as Priority Boot then restart. But it just goes to Plug in Boot Device. So I start trying to flash the BIOS to upgrade and to actually see a Boot Manager pop up to set as priority boot to no avail. I still think my bios isn't its latest ill try again later. So I go snooping around and use the Recovery side of the Media Tool still nothing. Then I started formatting the SSD and turned it into a NTFS and converted to GPT. Now when I go to install Windows again after formatting it says

"Windows cannot be installed to this...
B450m PRO VDH MAX
AMD RYZEN 5 3600

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu"

Some Article said something about changing AHCI which changes the hard disk lock or something but its not in the BIOS what else do I not know guys plz help

I'm thinking I just got to be able to download the Windows this time Boot Manager will actually pop up because I've installed it before but that wasn't before I found out you needed to format your SSD. IDK HOW PLZ HELP
Try to take off the HDD and use the nvme alone (if you have any hdds), update the bios to the latest and go to bios again after update, load optimized, disable csm, and set the boot option 1 to uefi: flashdrive name or uefi: flashdrive name partition 1. then you're good to go to install the winndows. left the sata at ahci.

don't forget, after you install windows immidiately install the latest amd chipset driver, then reboot and go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced.

Solution
Sep 27, 2021
Try to take off the HDD and use the nvme alone (if you have any hdds), update the bios to the latest and go to bios again after update, load optimized, disable csm, and set the boot option 1 to uefi: flashdrive name or uefi: flashdrive name partition 1. then you're good to go to install the winndows. left the sata at ahci.

don't forget, after you install windows immidiately install the latest amd chipset driver, then reboot and go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced.
I Just now updated the BIOS and it let me install windows through AHCI so theres that. not sure what to do after that Windows isnt just loading up and I dont see boot manager.

I Just now updated the BIOS and it let me install windows through AHCI so theres that. not sure what to do after that Windows isnt just loading up and I dont see boot manager.
Can you show photo of the error, you're getting?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Windows Boot Manager boot option is available only, if you installed windows in UEFI mode.
If you installed windows in legacy mode, then you don't get Windows Boot Manager option.

What option did you choose, when booting from windows installation media and installing windows?
Was it named?
UEFI:flashdrive or just​
flashdrive.​

Sep 27, 2021
Can you show photo of the error, you're getting?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Windows Boot Manager boot option is available only, if you installed windows in UEFI mode.
If you installed windows in legacy mode, then you don't get Windows Boot Manager option.

What option did you choose, when booting from windows installation media and installing windows?
Was it named?
UEFI:flashdrive or just​
flashdrive.​
https://giphy.com/gifs/JOouOaiKKCEx8dIgJY
https://giphy.com/gifs/v4niAYs7bLnMzTThlG
View: https://giphy.com/gifs/enroll-efi-image-from-usb-FL0VzAxiRQblxMvukg