[SOLVED] B550m ASUS-TUF gaming

ezrare123

Reputable
May 22, 2018
My PC's motherboard won't turn off its lights after shutdown.

All components such as fans are turned off, only the back lights is still turn on after shutdown (but will also turn off if I turn off the switch button in my power surge)

Is this normal? Should I just turn off it's switch in the power surge? Pls help :D

Solution
It seems normal, depending on which lights exactly. My PC has an LED strip lining on the edge that is always lit when the PC is off, but most of the lights go off when shut down. Pictures could help, but I don't this you have anything to worry about, it's just a standby mode.
It seems normal, depending on which lights exactly. My PC has an LED strip lining on the edge that is always lit when the PC is off, but most of the lights go off when shut down. Pictures could help, but I don't this you have anything to worry about, it's just a standby mode.

Solution

ezrare123

Reputable
May 22, 2018
What you said was the exact thing happening to me. Glad it turns out to be normal then. Thank you!

Reactions: kiss-method
What you said was the exact thing happening to me. Glad it turns out to be normal then. Thank you!
It may be normal, but if you want them to turn off when you shut down the system you might be able to make it do that. It depends on how the lights are connected.

If your LED's are connected to an internal USB header then look for a setting in BIOS to disable +5V USB standby power. The side effect of that is you also won't be able to charge your phone or other device from a USB port. If connected to one of the RGB headers look for a setting to turn off "Aura", Asus's name for their RGB system. If you've also installed Asus' Armoury Crate control software (I don't suggest it) you might have more control of Aura from that.

You might also look for some settings for power supply efficiency in BIOS. You'll have to experiment but you want to change one that tells the PSU to completely turn off when power is turned off so that no power is provided to things like RGB lighting when power is off. And of course, USB +5V will be disabled when power's off too.

Last edited:

Doc Computeur

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
I have the same motherboard (Asus Tuf B550 Gaming Plus), you could totaly turn off the light in bios setting or let the light on. But the light still on when pour OS is off
We need to turn off the power to close the light

It's exectly the same with the previous Asus Tuf B450 Gaming Plus (I have both)