Question B650I Aorus Ultra Gaming Motherboard not posting.

Apr 22, 2024
As what title says, cannot get B650I to post. Specs are:

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
2 16GB G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5 RAM
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

It is a barebones set up, but it will not post with whatever is tried. Did a Q-Flash BIOS update with multiple versions (F24a, F22, F21, F20) and got the same result. I read that going to a very old BIOS update may work but I do not want to lose the compatibility updates.

I did try to get a post with a GPU but still had nothing. I know it is getting power, power LED as well as fans are all powering on. I have tried multiple monitors, HDMI and DP cords, all having the same result.

I have tried to get a post from 3 of the same motherboards (I build systems for work) and all have not been able to post. My only thoughts going forward is that maybe the RAM is bad or not a fit for the motherboard. The RAM is the only consistent piece throughout each build I have tested, everything else has been new MOBO or new CPU (all the same versions). I am waiting for RAM to be delivered, I know that the actual serial number for the RAM used is not listed on the MOBO's support page so hopefully that will be it, but I have little hope.

Any advice is appreciated, feel like I have exhausted all of my options at this point.

kanewolf

Titan

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

It is a barebones set up, but it will not post with whatever is tried. Did a Q-Flash BIOS update with multiple versions (F24a, F22, F21, F20) and got the same result. I read that going to a very old BIOS update may work but I do not want to lose the compatibility updates.

I did try to get a post with a GPU but still had nothing. I know it is getting power, power LED as well as fans are all powering on. I have tried multiple monitors, HDMI and DP cords, all having the same result.

I have tried to get a post from 3 of the same motherboards (I build systems for work) and all have not been able to post. My only thoughts going forward is that maybe the RAM is bad or not a fit for the motherboard. The RAM is the only consistent piece throughout each build I have tested, everything else has been new MOBO or new CPU (all the same versions). I am waiting for RAM to be delivered, I know that the actual serial number for the RAM used is not listed on the MOBO's support page so hopefully that will be it, but I have little hope.

Any advice is appreciated, feel like I have exhausted all of my options at this point.
There are multiple hardware versions for that motherboard -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650I-AORUS-ULTRA/support#support-childModelsMenu
Which one do you have ?

Apr 22, 2024

B650I Motherboard
Ryzen 7 8700G
Corsair SF750 PSU
No GPU

Was able to finally get a post. These steps helped me:

Q-Flash motherboard to BIOS update F9 and then try to boot (still will not post)
Q-Flash to BIOS update F20 and boot. This time after some time system will post.

Jun 25, 2024
Was able to finally get a post. These steps helped me:

Q-Flash motherboard to BIOS update F9 and then try to boot (still will not post)
Q-Flash to BIOS update F20 and boot. This time after some time system will post.
how long is this "after some time" cuz idk if its actually making any progress or just stuck
PS. I still dont have boot so I used the Q flash plus