Backup copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why can't I make a backup copy of disk 4 of flight
simulator 2004. This poses no threat of piracy since this
is a one disk working copy which is needed for everyday
playing of the game.

Is there a secret to doing this...I've tried every
conventional means I know of and failed.

sinbad

Will -
MSFT incorporated VERY good copy protection in CD#4.
The workaround is to Google up "FS2004 No-CD", and
install the resultant fs9.exe in place of the original.
sts ---------------------------------------------------

Will -

Also you can check www.gamecopyworld.com - some good tutorials there about
making backup copies of protected software. You've already been pointed to
the no-cd crack.

Vic

"Will Bowlin" <Willbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why can't I make a backup copy of disk 4 of flight
> simulator 2004. This poses no threat of piracy since this
> is a one disk working copy which is needed for everyday
> playing of the game.
>
> Is there a secret to doing this...I've tried every
> conventional means I know of and failed.

The reason the disk is hard to copy is DISK 4 IS THE KEY. The difficulty
copying disk four is what MS is intending to block pirate copys. "Our"
reperesentitives on capital hill allowed MS and other special interest
contribute to their election capains and countered our fair use rights with
an atrocity call the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) that is supposed
to ban devices and software that bypasses devices and software code that
publishers use to inhibit copying software data files and audio/video media.

I suspect someone will post a link to an aledgedly illegal piece of software
that will allow you to store disk 4 in a safe place shorly.