john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi

Could someone please recommend an external backup device? I am thinking on
the lines of a dvd writer perhaps from sony or hp. What software can I use
for backup?

Thanks

Regards

Western Digital Dual-Option Media Center
Combines external hard drive, 8-in-1 card reader
and USB 2.0 hub for space-saving convenience.
Dual-option Backup buttons let you choose how
and when to back up your data. Add more storage
to your PC instantly. Back up your valuable data,
music, photos and movies.
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=75

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"John" john@nospam.infovis.co.uk wrote in message:

| Hi
|
| Could someone please recommend an external backup device? I am thinking on
| the lines of a dvd writer perhaps from sony or hp. What software can I use
| for backup?
|
| Thanks
|
| Regards

A dvd drive wont hold any info.,itll only write it.For a backup utility,use the
file-transfer wizard in xp (tools),set computer as old,transfer data to a new folder
you create,when its thru transfer data to a dvd or cd disk.This saves all youre
settings,music,photos,etc...

Acronis has the software backup ticket. Get 400version firewire for max
speed.