BackWeb Lite -- is it necessary or even helpful?

My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary or
helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

Uninstall backweb in add/remove programs, may possibly be listed as "service
connection"

"Callidetic" <callidetic@warpmail.net> wrote in message
> My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
> problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
> purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary
or
> helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

hh

What Compaq and what OS?
HH

"Callidetic" <callidetic@warpmail.net> wrote in message
> My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
> problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
> purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary
or
> helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

I have Compaq Presario 5868 with Windows 98.

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What Compaq and what OS?
> HH

Mik

Go here :

and check your Task List - what they write will tell you whether it is
safe to uninstall. If you have $20 to spare, buy their Ultimate
Troubleshooter tool - it's brill and saves a lot of time doing what
you are trying to do.

Mik