[SOLVED] Bad performance

Nov 3, 2021
A friend gave me his PC because he was leaving the country but when I started a game on it the PC was not performing as I was expecting. The frames on nearly every game are below 60. He said that the computer was always like this. The specs are:
Windows 10 Pro
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING
CPU: AMD FX-8370
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
16 GB RAM
I don't understand computers so can anyone tell me if its a bad build or maybe there is a chance there is a faulty part?

Solution
Depends on what you are playing. It is certainly outdated in terms of CPU. GPU is decent enough, was mid-range two generations ago which makes it about entry level today. So 1080p, low-medium settings in recent high requirements releases.

CPU could certainly be overheating as well. Less common with the 8370, but these weren't that competitive when released and clock speeds were pushed pretty high.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you are playing. It is certainly outdated in terms of CPU. GPU is decent enough, was mid-range two generations ago which makes it about entry level today. So 1080p, low-medium settings in recent high requirements releases.

CPU could certainly be overheating as well. Less common with the 8370, but these weren't that competitive when released and clock speeds were pushed pretty high.

Reactions: Poromeric
Solution
Nov 3, 2021

Ok thank you I will go to friend that has a shop for parts and I will see what can I use from this build to make a new one!