Ballmer Teases New Xboxes at University Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I just bought one of their new releases... the price was FREE and the form factor is INVISIBLE! It fits perfectly wherever I want to put it.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
First silent running, it couldn't be that difficult.

Second Blu-Ray

Third provide proper HTPC software or unlock to enable 3rd party solutions.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Blu-Ray first.
Then make the drive quieter. Why was the DVD the loudest piece anyway.
Then begin offering the 250gig drive from the MW2 edition as part of the Elites and as an off the shelf component.

As far as form factor, I don't see a reason why we couldn't use a slim-slot loading DVD or BD drive, and stick the drive over where the CPU heatsinks are, then slim down all that space on the left of the Xbox.

thedistec

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
"Finish your vegetables before dessert." Microsoft ought to develop a full-size 360 with a less-than-50% failure rate before snazzing things up.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
1st- Make an entirely new chipset, not a mod of the current and failed chipset, so that the RRoD isnt such a usual problem(that or hire new engineers).

2nd- Big HDD and bluray on only 1 Xbox(It wont be necesary to overprice ur hardware with #1, ur warranty budget will dramatically drop, and it wont be necesary to have 2 Xboxes since #1 and #2 will make ur Xbox cheap and this time u wont lose $)

3rd- Optional Avatars( nobody likes them)

4th- It WILL cost even less if u make it smaller and quieter

Thats all I would want in an Xbox and then I will buy it. I dont even care about the 8800 chipset( even though all the swarming trolls in this article will care with the bias and all that). I think Im WAY overdo to play GoW2 and Halo.

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Well darn... I just got a new one at Xmas... the CoD2 edition one with the 250Gb HDD. I don't think it needs to get smaller, but I think a nice brushed aluminum one with a silent dvd/blu-ray drive would be nice. (Of course I just don't see MS jumping on the blu-ray wagon just yet) There are a few other things I'd like to see but they would all kick the price up well beyond what I'd pay for a console. But here they are anyway...

1. Large SSD (250Gb minimum)
2. Silent ODD
3. Silent cooling
4 Better Graphics (maybe... not sure how it would affect the performance of games that are already optimized for the current GPU... also the current graphics aren't bad for a console)
5. Ability to mod the console in certain ways without voiding the warranty (ie: HDD/SSD/ODD upgrades)
6. integrated wi-fi would be nice (although I already have adapters for both my xboxes)

That should do it for now I guess.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]I don't see why they can't offer a new X360 with a faster CPU and graphics. A little speed bump will be much appreciated.[/citation]
Because they cant make games to play better on one version of a console than another. Thats affecting all of the other millions of Xbox users. well just have to wait for the other generation.
The PSPgo is a recent example of how Sony failed because they changed everything about the original PSP users had.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]Well darn... I just got a new one at Xmas... the CoD2 edition one with the 250Gb HDD. I don't think it needs to get smaller, but I think a nice brushed aluminum one with a silent dvd/blu-ray drive would be nice. (Of course I just don't see MS jumping on the blu-ray wagon just yet) There are a few other things I'd like to see but they would all kick the price up well beyond what I'd pay for a console. But here they are anyway...1. Large SSD (250Gb minimum)2. Silent ODD3. Silent cooling4 Better Graphics (maybe... not sure how it would affect the performance of games that are already optimized for the current GPU... also the current graphics aren't bad for a console)5. Ability to mod the console in certain ways without voiding the warranty (ie: HDD/SSD/ODD upgrades)6. integrated wi-fi would be nice (although I already have adapters for both my xboxes)That should do it for now I guess.[/citation]

Seriously? A 250Gb SSD? What planet made of gold are you living on?

Also, way to describe everything that PC gaming can easily deliver...

carpwrist

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I'm guessing they're going to release an intergrated Natal model of the Xbox 360.

As far as hardware is concerned the 360 is doing well keeping up with current titles. I was surprised how good Battlefield Bad Company 2 runs on the 5 year old console. I doubt any computer I built at that time could run that game now.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]Wanna know why they call it the xbox 360?When you see it you turn a 360 and go the other way![/citation]

You failed geometry at school didn't you :)

Or did you mean the old xbox 180?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]Wanna know why they call it the xbox 360?When you see it you turn a 360 and go the other way![/citation]
Do u know what a 360 is?
U make a full turn and face what u were already staring at.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
A console with different form factors, price points and configurations?

Sounds suspiciously like a PC to me.... without full-blown OS.

Hey maybe they could just create an option for windows that makes it boot up in "Gamer" mode (slimmed down version that only games will work on - i.e. game performance prioritized) ?

the ONLY point of a console is that they are massed produced in single configuration so they can be produced cheaply (cheaper than a PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.