Battlefield: Play4Free Goes Open Beta in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I'm currently in the closed beta, and if you get past the bugs, the game actually plays similar to the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942.

Can't comment on the vehicles though, game crashes every time I get in one.

Flameout

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
That's the moment when you can say - 'I killed you and I am a badass.' There's another element too, which is the forums. People love to show off their soldiers there - taking screenshots and making a signature."

haha lame

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Given the fact that this game is published by EA, I VERY STONGLY urge any and all gamers to boycott this, and and EA game entirely. It is time to make EA aware that we are tired of their crooked business practices.

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I tried out the Beta i liked it...It's actually pretty good for a free fps game...I find it more fun than black ops because you don't have to worry about enemies spawning behind you..

G

@bigmac80 It's not a free game. It's a game in beta, you were testing their software.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]azconnie[/nom]Given the fact that this game is published by EA, I VERY STONGLY urge any and all gamers to boycott this, and and EA game entirely. It is time to make EA aware that we are tired of their crooked business practices.[/citation]

hell are you talking about?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Lmao 009.. Play4free doesn't make you think it's free. It is a free game with options to buy stuff. Just like plenty of mmo's. Now the only question is do you have to buy stuff to be any competition.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]00900100011[/nom]@bigmac80 It's not a free game. It's a game in beta, you were testing their software.[/citation]

It may be in beta atm but; I assume the title Battlefield: Play4Free means the game will indeed be... free.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]azconnie[/nom]Given the fact that this game is published by EA, I VERY STONGLY urge any and all gamers to boycott this, and and EA game entirely. It is time to make EA aware that we are tired of their crooked business practices.[/citation]

Given the fact that this post is incredibly stupid I urge any and all gamers to thumb it down.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
The kill cam isn't new. I loved BF Heroes, which had the kill cam. It was free..kinda. Same concept..play for free, but you have to pay to be competitive. However it costed less than $20 to be competitive which isn't bad. It was buggy for sure. Can't even play anymore. It errors out before I can login to the game. This new Battlefield sounds the same. It will be free, but to be competitive beyond a certain level, you will have to purchase weapons or gear...just like Battlefield Heroes. And it will be buggy with a lack of support from EA. My money was wasted on the last "free" model, don't think I'll let them sucker me with this one.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I have an aging system, Xeon E3110(E8400)/4GB DDR2/GTX 260 and I average 80-100 FPS.

That said after they introduced the Battlefunds, I've decided to move onto BF3 and Crysis2(until BF3 is released)

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
azconnie is a Activision fanboy... Go play your gaya$$ CoD series. EA may have done some things in the past but they still have a great series and know how to make a great game.

If money is a concern GET A JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS