[SOLVED] Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim

I just ordered a be quiet dark rock slim cpu cooler. I know there are comparatively better coolers out there and there are cheaper, similar alternatives but please tell me there will be a notable difference in volume to the wraith prism I am using now?

Solution
D
It'll be a huge difference. Make sure to set fan curves in BIOS so that the CPU cooler doesn't ramp up and down with the spikes in temperatures Ryzens like to do.
D

Deleted member 2720853

It'll be a huge difference. Make sure to set fan curves in BIOS so that the CPU cooler doesn't ramp up and down with the spikes in temperatures Ryzens like to do.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
So, swapped the wraith prism out for the dark rock slim.................................. :O Still in shock, what a difference!? Absolutely silent,(cant hear nothing over my case fans and they are 2 big 200mm) and my table no longer shakes when doing anything that stresses the cpu! Have also got better scores on cinebench and cpu-z with faster clock speeds and cooler temps. No more messing around with power plan settings,can just let it run and do it's thing. Would highly recommend this cooler for anyone having issues with the wraith prism.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Yup, be quiet! makes great coolers. I have three of their Pure Wings 2 140mm case fans and they're inaudible.

Did I mention how their Pure Base 500DX case (which I'm using) is fantastic in both looks and airflow? Managed to fit a NH-D15 with raised fans in this thing.

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS