[SOLVED] Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP: Changing stock fan for a thinner fan

anderson9987

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2014
The Shadow Rock comes with a 120mmx25mm fan.
Just in case I need to replace, can I use a 15mm to do so?
(like a noctua A12x15mm. The A12x25mm is expensive here in my country. And be quiet! fans are not easy to find.)
I was watching some instalation videos and I dont know if the clipping system will fit.

thx in advance

Solution
You might have to bend the clips to tighten them up on a 15mm fan, or rig up some zip ties to hold it on. Also, if you change the fan cooling performance will probably be adversely affected.

But changing the fan should not be unecessary. If it interferes with memory modules you can clip the stock fan up a little higher on the fins, just enough so it clears them. That can be done very easily with those clips.
You might have to bend the clips to tighten them up on a 15mm fan, or rig up some zip ties to hold it on. Also, if you change the fan cooling performance will probably be adversely affected.

But changing the fan should not be unecessary. If it interferes with memory modules you can clip the stock fan up a little higher on the fins, just enough so it clears them. That can be done very easily with those clips.

Solution